Queenstown Dharma Centre comprises a shrine room and a library / kitchen at the rear of a quiet, suburban house walking distance from central Queenstown. Queenstown is a busy, tourist-oriented town with a full range of accommodation options, but accommodation can be expensive and difficult to find in peak seasons. We recommend that visitors secure accommodation as early as possible, and list some options below.
- Economical accommodation options within walking distance of the centre include
• Lakeview Holiday Park (link)
• Deco Backpackers (link)
• Queenstown Central YHA (link)
- Privately-run options include
• Airbnb (link)
• Book-a-bach (link)
- Four retreat cabins at Arthurs Point, about 7 km from Queenstown, are available. The cabins are on privately-owned, rural land, on a mountain-side with a beautiful outlook over the Shotover River. They are private, with power and an outhouse. There is a communal shower room for the exclusive use of on-site retreatants. The steep, hillside location means that there is no direct vehicle access to three of the four cabins, and a reasonable degree of fitness is required.The charge to use the cabins is $35/day, discounted to $30/day for Queenstown Dharma Centre members. This helps to cover the costs of propane, electricity, rates, insurance, maintenance etc. To become a member of the Dharma Centre, please contact email@example.com. Total daily rate is payable on arrival.
A separate payment of a $100 bond is payable with all bookings, in the first instance, as a non refundable deposit and secondly held against cleaning charges if required. Any refunds will be made at the end of the retreat.
To reserve a cabin, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Cabin accommodation is limited, so please keep in mind that last minute cancellations are a lost opportunity for someone else. Please notify us as soon as your plans change.
- There may be a billet option with the local community. If you are interested in this, please contact email@example.com with relevant details including whether you have your own transport.